So my mom and sister came to visit me as many of you know and we had a great time! I skyped everyone on Christmas and my mom had strep throat and my first thought was 'oh no, she's going to be feeling miserable most of the time!' She was going to try and get medicine before she left so I crossed my fingers that she would.
They were flying in to Sevilla and since it's only a little over an hour away from Jerez by train I decided I was going to meet them there. When I got to the airport it said that their flight had arrived and I was waiting and waiting and so were other people. People came and went and a family standing nearby asked one of the people who came out of the baggage claim if their flight was from Madrid and they replied that it was from Barcelona. The father and the daughter left and they came back shortly after. From what I could understand either the flight was late or delayed, but either way they left. I went and sat down and waited for about forty-five minutes until I decided to go investigate myself. Another flight from Madrid was supposed to arrive at 12:50 so I figured surely they would at least be on that flight if theirs was delayed or they missed it. I went upstairs to the Iberia desk and told them the flight number of the plane and they said it would come at 12:50. When I went back downstairs I saw that the flight number was one number off from my mom and sister's flight and for a moment I started to panic that perhaps I misheard the lady, but I decided to just wait. In the meantime I was trying to connect to the internet with my ipod since the internet provider at the airport was the same one I have for my phone so supposedly you could connect to it by putting in your number. Of course it didn't work.
I probably wouldn't have been as anxious or worried, but over the summer while traveling to Europe there was a debacle at the airport. Jill and I had bought our flights over to Madrid before Jackie decided she was going to come. When she did buy her ticket her flight arrived before ours so we told Jackie to just meet us at the baggage claim when our flight arrived. So Jill and I arrive and we are scouring the airport for Jackie and probably a half an hour had already gone by. Jill goes up to the information desk to ask if they can ask over the intercom for her to meet us and they say no. So we look around again when I think that perhaps this isn't the only terminal. Turns out it wasn't. We were in Terminal 1 and her flight was in Terminal 4. We had to take a twenty minute shuttle ride over to Terminal 4 where we then frantically search the place, thinking for sure we would find her. No such luck. We tried to talk to two different information desks who were no help whatsoever when we realize that the baggage claim here is before you come out to meet everyone. We were thinking Jackie had been sitting in the baggage claim for hours not realizing that she had to leave it (it was the first time she had flown so we weren't too sure). I tried to go up to the security people and explain to see if we could go look for her and he said no. Luckily we found a nice man who spoke English very well and we gave him her description and he went in search of her. We waited and waited thinking he would come out and we would see her with him. No such luck. He said he didn't see anyone like her and we asked if they had internet since we couldn't connect with our ipods. We thought we were going to have to email Jackie's mom and tell her we lost her! When we checked our email we were so relieved to find out her previous flight had been cancelled and she would be there tomorrow!
Needless to say I was a little anxious and of course the 12:50 flight from Madrid was delayed. So I waited and waited and then I saw the family from earlier that morning so I knew that they should be on the flight. Luckily I could peek into the baggage claim area and I saw them! Then they disappeared and I had to wait forever to find out that the luggage was on the following plane, but luckily it would be delivered in Jerez. My mom was feeling much better, but now it was my sister who was feeling sick! I was just really happy to see them!
I'll continue to post more about the places we visited later and over the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment