Sunday, December 26, 2010

Navidad

Yesterday I spent Christmas with my roommate and her family.  I was supposed to go over to my friend's place too, but by the time I got home everyone had already left from there.  I helped my roommate wrap some last minute gifts (the wrapping paper had glitter on it which does not make it easy for tape to stick) and she explained that they usually exchange gifts on January 6th, el Dia de Reyes Magos or Three Kings Day, but one of her siblings couldn't be there that day so they were doing it on Christmas.  We went over to her sister's piso where we ate lunch consisting of much of the same foods we had on Christmas Eve.  After that her newphew, who is four, went someplace with his mom and grandma while everyone rushed around getting out the presents since he still believes in Papa Noel, Santa Claus.  All the gifts were anonymous and I even got a travel bag and a sweet scarf.  After eating dessert we played a bingo game which is almost exactly like our bingo except they don't use letters so it's just every number 1 through 90.  The last game I played everyone did so the prize was 6 euros and guess what - I won!  I left after that and came back to skype with my family.  My mom had sent some presents through the mail so I opened those where I got three new cds, Mad Men Season One, earrings, and some clothes.  And now I just have to wait until tomorrow until I get to see my mom and sister!  I'm so excited that they are coming to visit for twelve days!

No comments:

Post a Comment