Today was the last day of school before my nice long puente (break). I knew there were activities planned, but I wasn't quite sure what. I brought in m&m cookies for the other teachers to try since making cookies is the thing to do back home around Christmas. I originally wanted to make something more Christmas-y like snickerdoodles, but like I've said before, you're limited on ingredients here. One thing I was not expecting was many of the younger students to be dressed up! I'm talking costumes in the shape of Christmas trees, wise men, and other ones I'm really not sure what the significance was. I have no idea why they were dressed up and I really didn't think to ask anyone why now that I think about it. In the afternoon I listened to villancicos (carols)that all the classes performed. There were cookies and bizcocho (basically any type of cake or bread, like my banana bread, is called bizcocho) during the recreo (recess break) and overall it was a good day! I read Twas the Night Before Christmas and had a few of my first grade students make reindeer where they traced their hands for the antlers and we sang We Wish You a Merry Christmas, which they performed in English when they sang villancicos, and Jingle Bells. I've uploaded a short video of some of the kids singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas. I'm pretty sure you can hear me more than them, but I have to lead them! Also, please note the costumes. I wish Nico the Christmas Tree or Manuel the who-knows-what had been there just so everyone could have seen those costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment