Generally I like Thursdays best because those classes are usually the best behaved and I don't work Fridays, so it feels like a Friday. There have been several times in the classes where I'm pretty sure a smackdown between the kids is going to happen and I always brace myself for inevitable shouting and hitting. Take today for example. My second class is one of the sixth grade ones and the kids are listening to a story in their book. I have to read the dialogue and then the students take turns reading and translating it. About half way through one of the girls sitting right in front of the teacher's desk decides she wants one of the boys to sit next to her and not the two other girls. She decides to shove all of their things off their desk and yell in their faces to leave. The other two girls yell back and pick their things up off the ground, setting it all back on the desk only for it to be shoved right back onto the floor again. This continued for several moments and the girls continue shouting and I'm just waiting for the inevitable smack to occur. I should say I was surprised that the teacher didn't intervene right away, but really I'm not becuase these sort of things are usually ignored. She finally stepped in shouting right back at the girl who started it all and I'm just sitting there wide eyed.
On a better note, my school is finally getting internet and digital screens in all the classrooms. Toma!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to use it to my advantage and it'll be easier to do certain activities with them.
One thing I like about my school is that it's not unusual to find some sort of food that was brought in during the break. They don't serve lunch or anything so the children bring a snack and so do the teachers, but usually someone has brought in food. This week two teachers had birthdays and one brought in these amazing brownies the size of a sheet cake. Today was another birthday and she brought in a bizcocho (basically a light cake) with powdered sugar on top and a slight lemon flavor. Delicious. As we were leaving today the two other teachers we're like 'ohh we forgot something!' so we went back inside and they were sneaking away some of the brownies. Of course I couldn't resist when they asked if I wanted to take a piece home with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment