By now everyone should know that Spaniards love their ham (jamón). When I was in Brussels one of the guys I met just came from Granada and one girl we were talking with said she loved ham. I told her she'd fit right in with the Spaniards and the guy said, "oh yeah, those Spaniards love jamón!" So very true. So here is another jamón story.
Tonight I went to my roommate's work to monitor the painting class since the normal teacher's husband was sick. It was the easiest 20 euros I've ever made. All I did was pretty much sit there and watch the girls paint or draw. In the second hour a girl got paint on her sweater and one of the girls was talking about whether the paint stained or not. I didn't quite catch the beginning of the conversation, but one girl was explaining how her mom got out some sort of paint stain, but this is what I did hear: "And she used ham too! How strange!" Strange indeed. Those Spaniards and their ham are like Americans and peanut butter. Never one without the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment