Sunday, April 10, 2011
Sevilla
My friend from back home, Sarah, who is in the program with me, but lives up in the Catalunya region came down to Andalucia this weekend. We met up in Sevilla and it was really nice to get away from Jerez and to see someone familiar. We visited the Cathedral and the Alcazar, the two major sites in Sevilla and we had lunch outside at the Irish place that has a good mix of Spanish and normal "American" food. We both had a mix of both, a tortilla de patatas (basically it's potatoes and eggs cooked and mixed together) and cheese sticks. Yum. But it was SO hot! Definitely summer weather and on the one side of my body I got sunburnt so now one arm is more burnt than the other and one side of my nose is redder than the other. I was skyping Jill yesterday and she told me I get sunburnt at everyone opportune moment and she's basically right, but I wasn't expecting it to be that warm out! We went to a cafe later and just walked around. It was extremely refreshing and we were saying how our time is basically over here. I only have four more weeks (five for the 1st graders) of lessons that I have to plan and then I am finished! I have this week of class left and then I leave for Portugal on Friday for our Semana Santa (Holy Week) break. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment