I've come to the conclusion that if it ever snowed in Jerez it would be quite problematic. I already had this figured out when people complained how cold it was a couple months ago, but today just proved it. It's been cooler here all week and especially in the mornings. In the morning when we go to work it's been between 37-39 and it was pretty cold this morning too. One of the girls I go to work with had a thin layer of frost that was partially icy and I sat her and watched how she dealt with it. Back home we'd turn the defroster on and get out a scraper to scrape off the ice, but oh no, not here. First off, she didn't have the defroster on or any sort of heat which would have helped melt the ice quickly. Second, she tried using a towel to get the ice off, which, obviously, was not going to work at all. She kept repeatedly trying to spray more water on it and I know from experience that that will not help one bit. It only makes it worse. Then she decides to get out some sort of spray that looked like the color of Windex and she sprayed it on the front window. Maybe I should have told her she needed something to scrape it off with and she should turn the defroster on, but honestly it was too funny watching it all and it's not like I know the word for ice scraper. Nothing was working, but she got back in the car and we started to drive, although you couldn't see anything out of the window. We pull over and she gets out some small plastic card, smaller than a credit card, and starts to scrape part of it off. Finally she realized you had to scrape it off with something!
If people here don't know how to get a small bit of frost/ice off their car, I'm sure the entire city would be shut down if it snowed even a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment