Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feria: Part Two

Today I went back to the feria, minus the flamenco dress and solo.  I only stayed for about an hour because it was super hot and I felt like I was sweltering although being in my piso isn't any better at this current moment (is there ever a balance?  Freezing in the winter and hot in the spring).  There weren't as many people there and less people were wearing flamenco dresses, contrary to what my roommate told me.  On Sunday I asked her if the majority of women wore dresses and she said yes.  I'd like to correct that and say maybe half of them do.  If you don't wear one it's not as if you will stick out, which I was afraid of at first, but even when I went on Tuesday a lot of people weren't wearing dresses.  There were, however, a lot more horses out today.  Or maybe I just noticed more than I did on Tuesday.  I honestly thought the horses would be jazzed up a bit more, but the most they have are some bell looking things on them and that's only some of them. 

Horses at the feria
I also explored a little around the rides and came across a part where they have these huge machines that have the claw game where you try and get a stuffed animal.  It was kind of ridiculous how big they were and there were at least three of them. 

Why don't we have something like the feria back home?  Who doesn't want a week long party where people drink and dance at all times of the day (don't say that doesn't sound fun) and you get to dress up? 

Cruzcampo (beer) ad for the feria.  It says "We are all the most beautiful".

 Here is a short video of when I went to the feria with some teachers from my school and I attempted to dance sevillana.  Please don't judge since this was my first attempt.  Ever.

Here's a little side note and a picture for you:  I was walking home from the feria today and passed two guys, maybe around my age, sitting on a bench.  Inbetween them they had two glass mugs (yes, mugs) filled with rum and coke and a bag of opened jamon (ham) flavored Ruffles at 5:20 in the afternoon.  Such is the Spanish life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment