Friday, October 8, 2010

What a Week!

It´s been a while since I posted, but I have been busy trying to find a flat!  The good news is I finally found one and I move in this morning.  It is with a lady in an apartment building near where one of the girls I work with lives.  My room is pretty nice with lots of closet space (not that I have too many clothes!) and the rest of the apartment is also nice.  The only downside is she doesn´t have internet, but I plan on talking to her on what I need to do to get it. 

Last Friday I was still in Sevilla and that night other auxiliares from the program met up at a tapas bar.  Two other girls and I went out to a different tapas place first and then we went to the one with the other people from the program.  It was a lot of fun and I met some other people, although most people are living in Sevilla. 

Sunday evening I took the train to Jerez de la Frontera, the city I am living in.  It´s about an hour train ride from Sevilla and it has around 200,000 people here.  The past few days I have been staying with a girl who works at my school and her roommate.  They have both been extremely nice in accomadating me and trying to help me find a piso (flat)!  I have been able to see some of the city when driving around with the girls, but today I am going to try and figure out the bus system.  The city has a lot of roundabouts here and in many of them there are either fountains or statues.  In one of them there is even a statue of the Michelin man although I have no idea why!  Another funny thing that they have here is an IKEA!  Now I know where to go if I need some cheap house items. : ) 

I went to my school two days this week and next Wednesday I am going to give a presention about myself, where I´m from, and read a book about Kentucky.  The school doesn´t have any computers in the classrooms so it limits me to what I can show them and the activities I can do (like powerpoints, show pictures, etc.).  I only work three days now, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, which is much better than before. 

The other day the two girls, another lady who works at my school, and one of the girl´s friends, and I went to a city called Puerta Santa Maria, a city on the coast.  We went to a cafe that overlooked the beach and across the water you could see Cadiz.  It was beautiful and I wish I had my camera, but I didn´t know we were going there!

This weekend is a long weekend due to holidays and I plan on going to Granada tomorrow.  It´s supposed to rain, but that won´t stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment